Wednesday 7 December 2016

Wonderful Wednesday # 7


Wonderful Wednesday evening my lovely ladies!!!
I'm all wrapped up in my favourite blanket, warming my feet and my hands after a freezing busy day at work, rejoicing with the idea that tomorrow I have a day off, which is simply amazing!
Actually I'm a little bit ill, with a red nose and many scattered handkerchiefs here and there, so it's a blessing to have an entire day just to relax, write my christmas cards, read a book, drink several cups of tea and finally start my christmas shopping!
So, I really need to stop rambling and begin with my list of lovely things that brightened the past two weeks:

1. Lady Grey Tea. The scented and elegant tea, with bluebottle flowers, I bought some weeks ago from Peter's Tea House! When I was in Dublin I used to drink it every single day and many times a day, but unfortunately in Italy it's very difficult to find, so I've missed it so much! Tasting a cup of Lady Grey, with a drop of soy milk is absolutely heavenly, especially combined with some super christmassy cinnamon biscuits.

2. "Fantastic beasts and where to find them". I must confess that this movie has been like a medecine for me. I went to see it to the cinema with my sister on a Sunday evening because, after the sudden loss of my aunt, I really needed to distract myself from the sad thoughts of those days. That night out, lost in the Rowling's universe, was absolutely brilliant: we had a lot of fun together and the movie was fantastic! Am I the only one to have a secret crush on Eddie Redmayne??He's a pretty fantastic beast himself, don't you think?!?!

3. Christmas Cards Swap. Writing and receiving cards, especially during Christmas time, is something that I adore! It's so exciting to open the postbox and find some cute envelops waiting for you to reveal their secrets! I love to collect all the cards I receive because I think it's very nice to reread them sometimes or to use the most beautiful ones to decorate the shelves of your house! I really want to say a big " THANK YOU" to all the ladies that decided to partecipate to my Christmas cards swap this year, it has meant so much to me, and I can't wait to receive your lovely wishes and send you mine!

4. Christmas lights. Since the first night of December the city has been sparkling!!! It's so beautiful to see all the little lights that illuminate the night, especially if you are inside, enjoying the coziness of your couch, watching a christmas movie or one of your favourite series in Netflix, dunking too many spiced biscuits in a steaming cup of tea! Life is for these little pleasures, isn't it?!?

5. Candles. One of the first things I usually do when I come back from work in the evening is to light up a candle, to create a relaxing and cozy atmosphere in the house, so the last time I went shopping I decided to treat myself with three new festive yankee candles: "Christmas Eve", " All is bright" and " Red apple wreath"! Yesterday night I went for the last one,  with its festive aroma of sweet apples, cinnamon, walnuts and maple..definitely the perfect choice!!! 

I wish you a lovely night my readers and, please, let me know what has put a smile on your face this week!
Here all the amazing WW ladies whose positivity will be a balm for your soul: Sally, Jo, Helen, Michelle, Sarah, Kate, Cat, Sam, El and Kerri.

1 comments:

  1. It seems many of us WW-ers are sick this week! I'm happy to say I'm not, but I hope you start to feel better soon!

    Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt! But I'm glad you could find some joy all these things even during such a horrid time.

    I've yet to see our towns Christmas lights, I'm sure they must be up and on, I just haven't been through town. I must make a point to pop down and see them before we head home for the holidays.

    Take care! And have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete