Saturday 18 January 2014

...Yesterday I ...

Yesterday I finally made a Lemon Drizzle Cake!!!
I absolutely love making cakes and this is one of my favourites!!! The scent of lemon invades the house when it's in the oven,and it's really easy to prepare!
While I was making the cake I listened "Shake it out " of Florence+the Machine...in these days I'm in love with this song..it makes me feel happy and stronger :)!


Cloe was really interested on what i was doing and she stayed on the chair next to me all the time, smelling the air intrigued!!!
She is very greedy and is always trying to receive something good to eat!!!

Here's the recipe that I found in a marvellous blog: " Attic24".

LEMON DRIZZLE CAKE
125g butter
175g caster sugar
Grated rind and juice 2 lemons
2 beaten eggs
175g self-raising flour
A little milk
50g granulated sugar

  • Cream butter, caster sugar and lemon rind until fluffy
  • Gradually beat in eggs
  • Mix in flour and add about 4tbs of milk
  • Grease a 1kg/2lb loaf time
  • Bake in moderate oven gas 4/350F/180C for 45 to 50 mins until risen and golden, firm on top.
  • Just before cake comes out of oven, prepare lemon syrup: heat lemon juice and granulated sugar gently until sugar has dissolved (45 secs in microwave and a good stir)
  • As soon as cake is out of oven, while still in tin, stab it all over top with a skewer..pour over the lemon syrup.
  • Leave cake in tin until cold (The cake will soak up all the syrup). 
...But yesterday was also the day I...changed my hair color!!! :)
 
After many years of meches and dyes to be blond I decided to get back to my natural color,a sort of light brown which is similar to the color of my eyebrows!
I'm really happy with the result, the color is bright and i think that it suits my complexion very well! :)

What do you think? :)


...and the day I... bought my new camera: Samsung NX1100
I'm sooooo excited and I can't wait to receive it and take many many pictures!!!
                               I wish you a beautiful Sunday!!!
                                          Martina
                                             xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Deliciousness and cuteness all in one post!

    Caroline x
    Cocktails and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline you are so sweet..thankyou very much!!!<3

      Delete
  2. It looks so yummy! The camera you bought looks amazing <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie darling!!!:) I hope I have done the right purchase...finger crossed for my new camera..I really can't wait to try it!!!<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried Lemon cake before! Looks lovely, need to try it before I attempt to make a mess of it myself haha. Your dog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou Yasmeen!:) I assure you..Lemon Cake is really really easy to do and delicious to eat!!!ILet's try to do it..It's worth it!!!
    xoxo Martina

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cake looks delicious! Florence + the machine are one of my favourite bands to listen to while baking, such a great album. And your doggy, she's so cute! Lovely blog, looking forward to reading more :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou very much Annatha..you're so kind <3! I was one of the one's that helped you get to 100 yesterday..I'm really happy for you!!!Congratulations!!!! Kisses

    ReplyDelete